Thursday, January 03, 2008

And Again, Kira is awesome

Driving to Bible class last night Kira asks a whopper of a question.
Kira: Mom, I have a serious question about fish.
Mom: About fish? OK.
Kira: Do fish get married?
Mom: Fish can't think the same way we do. God made people as the only ones to think in the ways that we can. We are the only ones who can make complex decisions and love the way we do.
Kira: Well, then how do fish get together? How do they get more fish?
Mom: Since fish don't think like us, they can get together without being married and make more fish.
Kira: Oh, OK.

I struggled with how much info to give Kira. It seems that I answered her question adequately and she didn't want details just yet, but I know that the day will come when she has tougher questions.

No comments: