May 3, 2008, Phoenix ran in the Alaska Zoo Fun run. The youngest age group is 3-4 year old kids. I enrolled Phoenix anyway, and they said it was OK. I was a little apprehensive about Phoenix's willingness to run the trail without me, but in the end Robby volunteered to run with Phoenix and Ben. I was hoping to catch finish-line pictures, but did not succeed. With a sea of children wearing red shirts, I thought it would be easier to look for Robby. Come to find out, as soon as the race started, Phoenix took off running with determination to keep up with the big kids while Ben had no desire to be running at that time, and Robby was in between trying to convince them that they wanted to stick closer together. Phoenix crossed the finish line shortly after the older kids and Lori helped him to find me (she ran with Quinn who stayed near the front of the big kid -- 4 year old pack). Pictures 1&2 are of Phoenix getting geared up for the run. Picture 3: Ben, Phoenix, Quinn, & Mitchell before the race. As you can see, Phoenix is the two year old, running with his big boy friends (ages 4, 4, and 6).
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Alaska Zoo Fun Run
May 3, 2008, Phoenix ran in the Alaska Zoo Fun run. The youngest age group is 3-4 year old kids. I enrolled Phoenix anyway, and they said it was OK. I was a little apprehensive about Phoenix's willingness to run the trail without me, but in the end Robby volunteered to run with Phoenix and Ben. I was hoping to catch finish-line pictures, but did not succeed. With a sea of children wearing red shirts, I thought it would be easier to look for Robby. Come to find out, as soon as the race started, Phoenix took off running with determination to keep up with the big kids while Ben had no desire to be running at that time, and Robby was in between trying to convince them that they wanted to stick closer together. Phoenix crossed the finish line shortly after the older kids and Lori helped him to find me (she ran with Quinn who stayed near the front of the big kid -- 4 year old pack). Pictures 1&2 are of Phoenix getting geared up for the run. Picture 3: Ben, Phoenix, Quinn, & Mitchell before the race. As you can see, Phoenix is the two year old, running with his big boy friends (ages 4, 4, and 6).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment