I must say thank you to my sister Christa. She called after the game was over to make sure that I had someone to share the joy of the game with. Patrick usually cannot call directly after the game because work is required of him. She called the other day and caught my story of the final games against the Mets and how I had no one to share my excitement with. -- Well, no completely true. After not being able to find any baseball fans in town, I called my best friend and gave her the run down of the excitement of the ninth inning. She was nice and excited for me, but in no way interested in the game. Shortly there after Patrick called and I was able to share the news that the Cardinals were going to the World Series.
So thank you sis. Being thousands of miles away and sick with morning, noon and night sickness, thanks for the support and thoughtfulness.
I actually have a whole lot of people to thank for their support during this deployment. Family who has sent Patrick notes, boxes, and emails to encourage him (and calls to me) while he was so far away from us. (which I must add embarrassingly that my Mom's box of goodies arrived before the box that I sent; and I was there on the day that he left and going to come home and mail out the things that he forgot or didn't have room for.) Our church family has been wonderful helping out with the kids and stuff around the house that usually Patrick and I tag team. Raychel for taking the kids on numerous occasions just to makes sure that I still have my sanity; and her whole family for accepting them (and me) into their home regularly. Dan and Tammy for taking the kids when I go to jail or the much needed commissary run--by myself. They also let me crash their house until 2 a.m. singing and playing games. Tasha for taking the kids on a play date to Chuck E. Cheese while I bought fabric to finish Kira's quilt. Tim and Inga for taking the kids out to the valley so that I could work on Kira's quilt. Bob Jones for showing up while I was gone picking up Kira from school and mowing the lawn. Oba-chan for making us dinner every Saturday night. Morie and Christy being my voice of sanity and constantly keeping me busy to keep my mind off the fact that I a missing Patrick so much. (It doesn't work but they are the greatest friends for trying-- and many other reasons.) And Robby who came over while I was gone to Quilter's retreat and cut up wood in our back yard to help get it ready before snow fall. Thank you for all of your support.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment